EXTEND THE LIFE OF YOUR HOT WATER HEATER!
Why is it important?
Water Heaters are no different than our vehicles. They need to be maintained to run efficiently. Do you not change the oil and rotate tires on your vehicle? Here is a list of services that we offer to extend the life of your hot water heater:
1. Remove accumulated sediment by draining and flushing water heater.
- Sediment decreases efficiency and can clog water lines.
2. Replace the anode rod.
- Anode rod protects your water heater tank and other components from rusting. Replacing corroded anode rods can significantly extend the life of your water heater.
3. Check for proper flame and gas venting (gas models).
- Dangerous carbon monoxide can build up in your home making your family ill.
4. Check the condition of the heating element (electric models).
- Elements with calcium buildup or that are damaged or corroded use excessive electricity.
5. Check the pressure relief valve’s operation
- Over pressurized tank can rupture or explode.
6. Install Thermal Expansion Tank.
- State code requires them. Prevents the build up of pressure.
7. Set thermostat at appropriate temperature
- Thermostats are important for energy efficiency. They also protect from scalding water.
Call The Plumbing Source at 216-365-0600 and get the job done right! 24/7 emergency service