Today is opening day at Progressive Field for the 2017 Cleveland Indians! After coming so close to winning the World Series last year, we all know that fan interest will be off the charts all summer long.
In many ways, there is a great correlation between baseball and the plumbing industry. Take a look at baseball, for example. Statisticians today know that games are won by scoring runs, and runs are scored by players who can get on base. In fact, baseball statistics have become incredibly complex: teams today are able to calculate a precise value on hitting a single, double, triple or home run; in getting a walk or getting hit by a pitch; or even stealing a base. To win a game, you have to do a lot of things right.
The same is true in our industry. Our success depends on how many customers we win. We win customers by providing outstanding service at a reasonable price. With more than 30 years of experience, we know, for example, that we must do several things right in order to win your business over and over again. Here are a few things we must do to “win”:
- provide a friendly, courteous staff to answer the phones and learn about your problem
- have well-trained plumbers with the knowledge and tools to make repairs correctly
- deploy a fleet of well-stocked trucks so customers get serviced faster
- provide honest estimates up front that reflect prices that are fair to all customers
- respect the homes we enter, being careful to keep carpets clean
- clean up after ourselves, leaving the work area cleaner than when we first entered
- follow up to make sure the customer is satisfied
- offer related services the customer may need in the future, such as remodeling services,
- water and sewer line repair, and sewer and drain cleaning, to name a few
Each of these items is our equivalent to a single, double or even a home run. Every team wants to be a winner, whether you wear a baseball uniform or a plumber’s uniform.
Want to see great baseball? Call the Cleveland Indians, buy your tickets and take in a game. You’ll have a great time! But if you need any kind of plumbing repair or service, call The Plumbing Source, and see for yourself how seriously we take our business of winning new customers!
We’re here to handle your emergency plumbing repairs anytime. Just call 877-768-7239 for 24 hour service. When you call The Plumbing Source, you’ve made the right call!